Protect Your NY, NJ or CT Home from Termites This Spring
With the arrival of spring comes warm weather, blooming plants and flowers, and termites. Wait what? That’s right, termites are most active in the springtime due to the warmer temperatures that allow them to form new colonies and grow existing ones.
Termites can access your home through a variety of entrances including:
- Porch fill
- Crevices in concrete slab
- Dirt fill
- Wood debris in soil
- Voids in the foundation wall
- Floor framing
It is important to take the necessary precautions so that your home is not susceptible to a termite infestation leading to costly repairs.
Recognizing Signs of Termites & How to Prevent an Infestation
Termites eat through wood from the inside out, so you may not be able to see them until it is too late. However, there are some measures you can take to try and prevent a termite infestation in NY, NJ or CT:
- Repair any rotted roof shingles
- Unclog any gutters and downspouts to divert water away from the foundation of your home
- Keep crawl spaces, attics and your basement dry and well-ventilated
- Store firewood and other wood products away from your home and inspect them for pests before bringing them into your home
- Inspect the outside of your home for rotting wood and mud tubes
Contact Our NY, NJ & CT Pest Control Company Today
If you need help with termite control in NY, NJ or CT, contact the pest control professionals who have been serving homeowners in the Northeast for more than 30 years: JP McHale Pest Management, Inc. We look forward to providing expert pest control services to your residential property.